Find here some general information on how to get started with SoFi. Also don’t forget to check out our constantly growing knowledge base with many supporting articles around SoFi.
IGOR. SoFi runs in the software environment IGOR, hence you need to have a valid IGOR license. IGOR licenses can be purchased directly from WaveMetrics Inc.
ME-2 engine. Currently, the positive matrix factorization algorithm (PMF) is done via the ME-2 solver. Windows is required, if you have a different system use a windows emulator.
SoFi Pro. Use our SoFi Pro version to have access to all functionalities and features for the best data analysis possilbe.
The ME-2 solver is property of Dr. Pentti Paatero. The ME-2 solver can be downloaded from our website. Note that the solver alone will not work without the ME-2 license key. Purchase a perpetual license through Datalystica or contact Dr. Paatero directly.
Igor 6 vs Igor 8
Currently, we offer two SoFi versions: SoFi 6 for Igor 6 and SoFi 8 for Igor 8. Please note that all new features are only going to be available in SoFi 8. Please note that from September 2021 on, SoFi 6 is only available for SoFi Pro users. We kindly ask new SoFi users to use SoFi 8.
Features that are only available in SoFi 8 (July 2021):
- Facilitated data import. Import your your data easily. All common data types are supported. Even average your data within SoFi.
- Extended criteria options. Use the option of 2D and 3D representation of your data to seleced your PMF runs.
- Bootstrap panel. Bootstrap your data to assess the statistical uncertainty of your data.
- Multilinear regression. Perform multilinear regressions.
- AE33 data. Do you have AE33 data? You can now import, treat and correct your data directly from the raw files in SoFi.
Feeling lost? Check out our knowledge base!
Don’t hesitate to contact us!